Since I’m doing a lot of studying about branding, and the importance of it, I’m going to make a list of my top 10 favorite brands. They are:
- Vibram– I like what they do, I like what they stand for. Great shoes, great lifestyle.
- Loaded Boards– I like what they do, and how they do it no matter what all the other bullshitters are out there saying. Quality material, and aesthetically pleasing design.
- Subsonic– another longboard/skateboard brand. I like their designs, and the way you can customize your orders. Quality shit, and probably my next long-distance board will be from them (GT 40 foam core? Hell yes!)
- Simple Longboards– the Luutse made longboard brand. Appeals to my minimalist nature, and the Platypus seems like an awesome dancer designed by an awesome dancer!
- Soma boards– another dutch board building company. I like their dancer as well, and the shit I’ve seen pulled on them by their riders.
- Vans– I like their shoes, although I’m very flexible in switching to other skater brands as well. Although I did buy Nike skate shoes once though and was NOT happy with them.
- Billabong– I like their boardshorts. The only boarshorts I wear are Billabongs come to think of it. My pair are really old… I think over 5 years 😐 and yes, I still fit them.
- Decathlon– Awesome store. It’s not so much the brand I care about, but the value they offer within their store. Their associated brands are great material for great prices (e.g. Quechua, Kipster).
- Red Bull– mostly because of the crazy shit events they have, and things they do. Don’t really care much for the drink.
- Apple– is last on my list because it seems like they would appeal to my nature, but I have no idea since I don’t own a Mac. I’m very happy with my i-phone however and the way its designed, but I’ve never tried a Samsung Galaxy either, so I couldn’t honestly say. I’m planning on getting a Macbook Air though because its light and speedy, which is exactly what I need. Lets see if I like the Mac OS and if this will be a good investment…